sâmbătă, 30 august 2014

From a not yet written book…

I always loved to travel, go places, so in my darker days I used to say that “where I lay my head is home” – very metallic thought, part true, part not – it’s a complicated equation: the place itself + other, please specify X (value of other). Comfort has many facets. Through the years I realized that things are never easy (at least not for me) and most of all I am a very complicated specimen. I still love to travel, be on the road, see the world, not standing still and always see and experience new things. There is always a huge smile on my face when I plan an escape and it appears that by the passing of the years “talpa imi arde” more and more. And I would visit Peru, Cuba, Australia or Thailand, but would I live there? Mom always told me “careful what you wish for”. One of my favorite Christmas songs says “try to imagine a house that’s not a home” – kinda hard; a pool, a piano, expensive furniture and latest technology don’t make a home or do they? It’s like those cliché commercials – half of the screen shows you only the objects, the other half shows you with whom you share the joy of a parachute jump, a beach walk, a great drink, a silly movie, sharing the last slice of pizza, a sunrise, who do you run to tell a great news, a funny joke, show the picture of a fluffy dog, the next level at Minion rush or sad news, deep thoughts that don’t let you sleep and hidden “monsters under your bed”. Makes you wonder "Who do you wanna wake up next to?" All the money in the world won’t compensate a good laugh or making somebody giggle. I love that look in people’s eyes when something very small makes them very happy. "Home is where your heart is” – I believe Pliny the Elder first said it, very true, we kinda value things when they're gone. I never had a 5 year old plan, but I think ahead of the Christmas that has to come and always at the next travel destinations, its painful not to see beyond a certain day, its like the oracle stop its prediction. I always liked that line “We can never see past the choices we don't understand…you've already made the choice. Now you have to understand it”. Decision, decisions, decisions – how if I go to bed thinking yes and wake up thinking no...

Niciun comentariu: